All EU/EEA nationals will only need to present an identification document to enter Italy, due to the common travel area of the Schengen Zone, part of which Italy is. In the meantime, if you are a non-EU/EEA traveler wishing to visit Italy, San Marino or the Vatican, you will need to present the following at the Italian port of entry, in order to be permitted to enter:
- A valid passport or travel document. Valid for at least three more months beyond their planned date of Exit from Schengen, and issued within the last 10 years.
- A visa, if they are subject to the Italian visa regime.
Other documents such as an invitation letter from an Italian host, proof you have the financial means for a trip to Italy or a round-trip ticket, may be required from you. For more information in this regard, contact the local consular services of Italy in your country of residence. For more information on VISA, you can visit the Farnesina website.
If you require a Visa Letter of Invitation from IEEE Communications Society (ComSoc), please complete the Visa Letter Request Form and select your conference.
- It is IEEE policy to only issue Visa Letter of Invitation to Speakers, Authors, Committee Members, and Attendees paid in FULL.
- ComSoc can only issue the Visa Letter of Invitation for the conference. No other kind of documentation will be provided for use of visa applications.
- Please allow 3-5 business days for processing.
- Request for a hard copy visa letter will be subject to a fee to cover the cost of courier delivery, and will be added to your conference registration fee.
We strongly advise participants to personally check entry and visa requirements before making travel arrangements at least 3 months ahead of time, as there might be country-specific conditions that you are not aware of. For most accurate information please contact the embassy/consulate of the country where the conference will be held, in your home country.
- IEEE ComSoc will NOT issue any Letter of Sponsorship or Letter of Guarantee if you are required to do so by the immigration department. It is the participants’ sole responsibility to obtain such documents.
- IEEE ComSoc will not refund anyone for cancellations due to visa rejections or participant’s inability to enter the country.
- IEEE ComSoc cannot change the decision of the any country’s embassy/consulate or any other government departments, nor will IEEE ComSoc appeal to the embassy/consulate on behalf of the applicant.
- All questions/concerns regarding the status of your visa should be directed to the embassy/consulate of the country where the conference will be held, in your home country.
- In no event will IEEE ComSoc be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the information provided on this page.